Death By Chocolate
An extremely easy way to make the most delicious and popular chocolate cake, Death By Chocolate, that too eggless (for all vegetarians like me ;)).
- 225 gms dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup (140 g) butter
- 1 cup (210 g) castor sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 heaped tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Ingredients for frosting
– 2/3 cup heavy cream
– 260 g semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Grease a circular cake tin.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt over hot water.
- Melt the butter and blend it with the oil, mix with flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in the butter mix, melted chocolate, heavy cream and sour cream.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely till room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before removing the cake from the tin. Remove the crusted surface on the top of the cake, and cut in half, horizontally.
- Frosting: Heat the chocolate in a saucepan until smooth. Fold in the cream until the mixture thickens. Use 1/3rd between the cake, 1/3rd on top and the rest to coat around the cake.
- Refrigerate again to harden the frosting.
- Serve at room temperature.
So try it, and let me know how it was :D!